MOUNTAIN VALLEY SPRING COMPANY’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: Month, XX, 2017
1. Who We Are
Mountain Valley Spring Company, LLC d/b/a Mountain Valley Spring Water (“Mountain Valley Spring Water", "we", "us" or "our".”) and its affiliates are a national direct-to-consumer, distributor and retail provider of bottled water, coffee and other water related services via our brand Mountain Valley Spring Water and other private label brands.
2. What Is This Document?
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) is intended to help you understand how we collect, use and share information about you (“Information”) and what privacy choices we offer you when you use our Online Environments and Offline Environments (collectively, “Services”). By providing us with Information or continuing to use our Services indicates that you are agreeing to the collection, use, disclosure, management and storage of information collected from you as described in this Privacy Statement.
a) What Does It Apply To?
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected from or relating to consumers or prospective consumers from the following sources:
- Information collected through https://www.mountainvalleyspring.com (the “Site”) and any other websites, mobile applications or other online products and services that display or link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, "Online Environments");
- Information collected through offline services, including our customer care center, bottling plant, visitor center and door-to-door sales activities (collectively, "Offline Environments"); and
- Information shared with us by other sources.
b) What Does This Not Apply To?
This Privacy Statement does not apply to:
- Websites, mobile applications or other products and services that have their own privacy statement or policy or do not display or link to this Privacy Statement;
- Information collected from and relating to retail customers, distributors or other business partners (in other words, not consumers); and
- Information collected for business-to-business related purposes.
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US. BY USING OUR SITES, SERVICES, OR PROVIDING US YOUR INFORMATION, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY TERM IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE US YOUR INFORMATION OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES.
If you have any questions as to whether this Privacy Statement applies to you, please do not hesitate to contact us using the information provided in the "Contacting Us" section at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
3. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting such changes to this page. You understand that you must check this Privacy Statement periodically for changes, and you agree to periodically review this Privacy Statement for such changes. Changes are effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of the Site and/or Services following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement means you accept those changes. The date this Privacy Statement was last revised appears at the top of this Statement.
4. Information We Collect
We collect information in a few different ways: (i) information you submit; (ii) information you give us permission to obtain; (iii) technical information collected automatically; and (iv) information provided by our partners. Each of these ways is discussed below.
a) Information You Submit
You do not have to register for a service or program to receive much of the information available through our Sites. However, some of our content may be available only to registered or identified users and will require you to set up a profile or provide specific information about yourself in order to provide you the service. If you choose to register an account on our Site, we collect Information that you provide through an enrollment form you fill out. Even without registering an account with us, you may choose to voluntarily provide Information to us when you engage in a variety of activities using our Services, including, receiving marketing information, contacting our Customer Care Team, submitting an inquiry, responding to online or offline questionnaires or surveys, participating in sweepstakes, contests and promotions, posting information to message boards, social media pages and forums, and responding to a job opening at Mountain Valley Spring Water. This could include:
- - Name
- - Contact information such as your address, phone number, email address and zip code
- - Registration information such as your username and password
- - Employment, education and other background information when you inquire about employment with Mountain Valley Spring Water
When you make a purchase using our Services, you may provide us your Information so your orders may be processed and shipped. This could include:
- - Credit card number
- - Billing and shipping address
- - Security code
- - Other payment transaction and verification details
b) Information You Permit Us to Access
By using our Services, including our Site, mobile applications and social media pages, you may allow us to access certain Information in various circumstances. We will strive to provide notice about the purposes for our access and obtain your permission. This could include:
- - your geolocation information
- - information available through your social media accounts (such as your birthday, email address, friends, posts or other content)
c) Information Collected Automatically
When you use our Online Environment, we may collect certain Non-personal Information such as usage and device information automatically. "Non-Personal Information" means a data element or collection of data elements that by itself cannot ordinarily be associated with a specific individual. This could include:
- - Log Data. When you use our online environments, our servers automatically record log data including information that your browser or mobile application sends whenever you visit or use our online environments. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Mountain Valley Spring Water features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, or how you used our Online Environments.
- - Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you are using to access our online environments, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
d) Information Collected from Other Sources
Our advertising vendors and other partners may share with us the information they collect. This could include:
- - Advertisements running on our websites or applications where such ads run to measure and improve those ads, including information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads;
- - Information from our other partners, such as co-sponsors who we may occasionally partner with to run special contests or other co-branded promotions;
- - Information from other commercially available sources such as data aggregators, marketing firms and public databases, to provide us with additional information about our existing consumers. This information may include name, demographic information, contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping behavior;
- - Information about consumers when we acquire part or all of other companies.
e) Combining Information.
We may also combine the information we collect through one or more of our Online Environments with information we collect through other Online Environments. We may also combine information collected through our Online Environments with information collected through our Offline Environments, as well as with information provided by our partners.
5. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the Information we collect for the following purposes:
- - Site Registration. If you register or open an account with us, the information we collect may be used to create and maintain your account, provide you with access to some features of our Online Environments or offer you the benefits and privileges that typically come along with account registration. This may include purchasing products or services, use of exclusive or personalized content or activities (such as message boards) and participation in special events and promotions (contests, sweepstakes, coupons, etc.).
- - Purchases. If you make a purchase through our Online or Offline Environments and authorize us to use your credit or debit card information, we will use this information to charge you as authorized. In these situations, You may authorized us to save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to order something from us.
- - Marketing. You may choose to receive marketing information from Mountain Valley Spring Water. In such case, we will use your Information to send you advertisements, notices and other information regarding our products and services, including notifying you about special promotions. We may also use your Information to determine your eligibility for, and to register you in, our contests and other promotions, fulfill and deliver prizes and contact you regarding such contests or other promotions.
- - Customized User Experiences. We may use your Information to show you relevant and meaningful advertisements; we may combine your Information with Non-personal Information we collect by cookies and other tracking mechanisms in order to better understand your preferences.
- - Feedback and Inquiries. We may use your Information to respond to your inquiries or support requests, receive and process feedback.
- - Business and Product Improvement. We may use your Information to invite you to participate in surveys regarding our products or services, furnish, maintain and secure our Online Environments, conduct research and analyze the use of our Online Environments, products, services and advertisements and generally better understand the interests of our consumers and visitors to our Online Environments.
- - Location-Based Services. Some of our applications and mobile-optimized online environments may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may access and use location data provided by your mobile device. For example, we may offer shopping features that allow you to get information about local merchants. Your geolocation information will be collected solely to deliver the requested feature, and it will not be further retained or stored by us.
- - Provide You 3rd Party Marketing Offers. From time to time, we may be approached by reputable third party companies and organizations that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. To extend these products or services to you and upon your consent, we may use your information to send out notices on their behalf. We see this as a value-added service helping you find other useful products or services.
- - Comply with Law. In certain limited circumstances, we may be called upon to release the Information we collect in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We plan to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the potentially-sensitive nature of the information they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting consumers who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or their property.
Your Non-personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- - Analytics and Data aggregation. We may use your Non-personal Information to compile statistics, analyze trends and otherwise administer and improve our Services; we may also analyze Non-Personal Information in the aggregate to study outcomes, costs, consumer profiles and demographics, and to suggest improvements for our Services. These studies may generate “aggregate data” which we may utilize for a variety of purposes.
- - Online Behavioral Advertising. We or our advertising vendors may use your Non-personal Information for online behavioral advertising purposes (also known as “retargeting” or “remarketing”). Retargeting works by serving ads on one site based on consumer's online activities on a different site. For example, if you visit pages on our Online Environments relating to Mountain Valley Sparkling Water, you may later see advertisements for Mountain Valley Sparkling Water when you visit third party websites. To do this, Mountain Valley Spring Water or our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology placed by us or the advertising vendor when you visit our online environments or third party websites or apps. The placing of these cookies or other technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and you should consult the privacy policies of our advertising vendors to understand how they collect and use your data. Your ability to control the use of tracking tools, such as cookies, and opt-out of retargeting activities is described in the "Choices You Have About Your Information" section below.
In addition, we may also extract an email address provided by you in a partially-completed online form for purposes of sending you advertisements relating to our products and services. For example, if you begin to order a product through an online environment and input your email address during the checkout process, but do not complete the order, we may extract the email address provided and use it to send you information regarding products and services you initially showed interest in.
6. When We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We only share your Information with third parties as described below. We do not sell or rent Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. If we allow a third party to have access to your Information, we will not authorize them to take it or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this Privacy Statement.
a) Third Party Advertising and Online Behavioral Advertising
As discussed above, we may partner with third party advertising vendors to manage our advertising on other websites and mobile applications. Our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology to collect information about your activities on our online environments to provide you retargeted ads on other websites and apps. Please note that opting out of receiving retargeted ads will not prevent you from being served advertisements generally. Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. As of the Effective Date of this Privacy Statement, an industry standard has not yet been established on how to respond to these signals. Therefore, we do not currently respond to these signals, but we may reassess our response approach once a standard is established.
Mountain Valley Spring Water maintains relationships with independent distributors throughout North America. If you submit a request for delivery to Mountain Valley Spring Water through our Services, we may route your request to an independent distributor that can fulfill delivery services to your particular geography. The role of this distributor may include but is not limited to the collection of payment, delivery services, customer service and sales. Your data is shared with these distributors to enhance and expedite fulfillment.
c) Affiliates, Vendors and Suppliers
We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers (including our affiliated companies) who help us operate our business and for whom it may be necessary to have access to your Information in the course of providing services to Mountain Valley Spring Water. These affiliated or nonaffiliated parties may use your Information to design and maintain our Online Environments, improve systems and computer security, respond to consumer inquiries, fulfill orders, aggregate data and analyze aggregated data, deliver packages and provide marketing and public relationship services.
d) Co-Branding and Co-Marketing
We may partner with other companies to provide you with products, services or content on a joint or "co-branded" basis. If we offer co-branded products, services or content, you will see both our logo and the logo of the co-branded partner. To access co-branded products, services or content, you may have to provide Mountain Valley Spring Water certain requested information which may be shared with our co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy statements of our co-branded partners, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these statements will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your Information to a given site. Remember, you can always opt-out of sharing your Information with a co-branded partner by choosing not to use the product, service or content provided by us and the co-branded partner.
e) Legal Requests and Preventing Harm
Mountain Valley Spring Water may need to disclose your Information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; or to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Mountain Valley Spring Water; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
f) Change of Ownership or Control
We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of your Information described in this Privacy Statement.
g) Aggregated, De-Identified Information
We may share aggregated, Non-personal Information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or products.
7. Third Party Links & Social Media Plugins
Our Online Environments may use social media plugins (for example, the Facebook "Like" button or "Share to Twitter" button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Online Environments, the operator of the plugin can place a cookie on your device, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our online environments. If you are logged into the social media website (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) while browsing on our online environments, the plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our online environments. The plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Online Environments with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your "Likes" and comments on our online environments to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends' Facebook activity on our online environments. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
8. How We Secure Your Information
We have instituted physical, technical and procedural safeguards to store and maintain information we collect in a secure environment. You may also be required to use a password to access certain pages on our online environments where certain types of your information can be changed or deleted. It is therefore important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your device. You take full responsibility for maintaining the complexity and confidentiality of your password. While we have implemented safeguards, you should be aware that Internet security technology rapidly changes. We cannot guarantee that the safeguards we employ today can protect your information from the threats of tomorrow. You should also be aware that despite our efforts, factors beyond our control may result in disclosure of information. Accordingly, we are not in a position to guarantee that your Information will be secure under all circumstances.
9. Our Policy on Children's Information
We do not knowingly collect or use any Information from children on our Online Environments or Offline Environments. “Children” means minors younger than thirteen (13) years old. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products or services, communicate with us or use any of our Online Environments. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with Information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
10. Choices You Have about Your Information
a) Options regarding Information Provided to Us
You may always limit the amount and type of Information that we collect from you by choosing not to enter or provide any information requested from you on our Services (for example, offline and online order forms, support requests and requests made by our call center agents). However, some of our products and services can only be provided to you if you provide us with requested information. Some of the products and services offered through our Services may ask whether you wish to opt out or opt into our contact lists for offers, promotions and additional products and services that may be of interest to you.
b) Options Regarding Marketing Emails
You can opt out of marketing emails we may send to you by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in such emails. If you opt out of our marketing emails, we may still send you transactional and relationship emails, such as emails about your orders and account.
c) Options Regarding Our Collection of Non-personal Information
You may also be provided with preference questions or preference boxes allowing you to indicate that you do not want our Online Environments to use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to “remember” the information collected on return visits, such as user IDs or mailing addresses; however, the tracking technologies used to collect unidentifiable information generally do not provide you with the ability to opt out of the tracking technologies. In addition, you may be able to control the use of tracking tools and limit retargeting activities as follows: 6
- - Controlling Tracking Tools. Most web browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
- - Opting-Out of Behavioral Advertising. Several self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising provide consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes and receiving behavioral advertisements from our advertising partners, including retargeting advertisements, you may use the following websites. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific. Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to "Limit Ad Tracking" in the system settings, and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to "Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads" in the system settings.
d) Access to and Correction of Your Information
You can access, change or remove certain Information previously provided to us upon request by contacting our Customer Care Team using the information provided in the "Contacting Us " section at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. For record keeping and compliance purposes, we will retain certain Information collected from you.
11. Site Designed for Audiences in the United States
Our Services are designed for and targeted to U.S. audiences and are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. While users from countries other than the U.S. may access our Online and Offline Environments, we make no representation that such environments are operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. Please be aware that by accessing our Services, or providing us with information, you understand and agree that:
- - Information collected from you may be transferred to and stored on servers located outside your jurisdiction;
- - To the extent you are a resident of a country other than the United States, you consent to the transfer of Information to the United States for our use in accordance with this Privacy Statement; and
- - This Privacy Statement, and the collection and use of Information pursuant to this Privacy Statement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
12.Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request certain information regarding our disclosures of personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us using any of the methods set forth in the “Contacting Us” section, below.
13. Contacting Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the ways in which we use information subject to this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us by:
- - Clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the online environment you are visiting;
- - E-mailing our Customer Care Team firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- - Calling our Customer Care Team at 1-501-624-1635 ; or
- - Writing to us at Mountain Valley Spring Water, 150 Central Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901
© 2017, Mountain Valley Spring Company, LLC or its affiliates. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.